So here’s an update on some of the details!
- My pregnancy started out rough but not impossible. Until about 16 weeks I had constant nausea and some nasty headaches along with a few puking spells. I lost 6 pounds and am just starting to gain weight above my pre-pregnancy weight. I was completely exhausted and basically useless hence the major lack of posting!
- I’m due September 17th officially but I come from a long line of very late babies. I’m fully expecting to be pregnant well after my estimated due date and think an October 1st anniversary baby is more likely!
- I’m currently 21 weeks along and we are NOT planning to find out what we’re having.
- We see a midwife for our maternity care and assuming all is well throughout the pregnancy and delivery we plan to have an un-medicated homebirth.
- We plan to do things as natural as possible and hope to breastfeed, cloth diaper, and make our own baby food. This really just falls in line with the way we live our lives now.
- This year’s garden is being planned with that whole baby food thing in mind. If our baby starts eating solids next spring we’ll have to have this stuff ready to go as it will be too early for the garden.
- We are beyond thrilled and totally excited to start growing our family! We can’t wait to see what the future has in store!
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments below!